vegan protein powder vs whey… what are the benefits?!
When it comes to vegan protein vs whey protein, there are a few things to keep in mind…
- Whey protein can be more difficult to digest due to its lactose content whereas all vegan protein powder, including the It Works Shake is completely dairy-free. It’s been found that 3 out of 4 people have a dairy sensitivity, which is why whey can cause GI discomfort, bloating, and other symptoms in certain people.
- One of the common complaints against plant-based proteins is that no single plant like hemp or soy has all nine essential amino acids, but the combination of yellow pea & brown rice together provides all nine essential amino acids that your body can’t make on its own, which is why it’s considered a “complete” protein.
- Whey protein has a higher concentration of BCAAs (branched chain amino acids) than any single plant-based source of protein, but the combination of brown rice and yellow pea protein found in the It Works Shake provides an optimal level of BCAAs.
- Studies have shown that a plant-based diet can help reduce your risk of obesity and several diseases like heart disease, diabetes, cancer and more.
- BCAAs found in whey and vegan protein powders help you to improve recovery time and build lean muscle mass.
what does the it works shake taste like?
I’ve had a few other vegan protein powders in the past that had too much of a “chalky” or gritty texture for my taste, but I was pleasantly surprised by the It Works Shake… it’s creamy and delicious in both flavors and I love that it’s free of any artificial sweeteners!
I absolutely loved the vanilla blended up with our Berry Greens, frozen spinach, frozen berries, and almond milk! It’s the perfect breakfast on-the-go and it almost always keeps me satisfied until lunch.
On the other hand, the chocolate is to-die-for when it’s blended with a frozen banana and almond milk…it’s like a creamy chocolate milkshake without the crazy calories or guilt!
can you bake with it?
Yes, you can bake with the It Works Shake and incorporate it into as many protein-rich snacks and meals as you can think of!
Protein-pancakes, protein overnight oats, no-bake peanut butter protein bars, and protein balls are just a few ideas to get you started.
If you’re someone who runs out the door in the morning, this overnight oats recipe is super simple to prepare the night before so you can grab and go in the AM!
when is the best time to have a protein shake?
When it comes to working out, the Shake can help energize your exercise routine, build lean muscle mass, and help promote faster recovery times!
While protein shakes are typically consumed before or after a workout, there is really no “wrong” time of day to have the It Works Shake!
It’s also a quick and healthy snack on-the-go or a guilt-free dessert. Part of the reason the It Works Shake is satisfying for so long is because yellow pea protein actually suppresses a hormone called ghrelin, which is one of the hormones that makes you feel hungry.
any other questions?!
I can’t wait to hear what YOU think about the It Works Shake!
If you have any other questions, I’d love to give you an answer…leave me a comment below with anything you’re still wondering about and I’ll be sure to get back with you!