Blitzing 101: Part 1
I love blitzing… And what it looks like for me is very simple (I wish you could tag along and if you are ever in Michigan look me up!) First I should tell you I keep 10-20 Blitz cards on me at all times. It is very easy to grab them as I keep my purse on my shoulder and I can just reach right in.
Often I wear my Lanyard, but if I don’t I definitely have my It works! gear on. AND I totally love accessorizing so that people are inclined to engage with me….but with that said, when I’m checking out or in line I simply pull out a card and ask the person, “Have you Heard of the #ItWorks wrap?” I usually get a no or an eyebrow raise. I hand them the card and point to the front. I say “this is what it is” and as I flip the card over I say “and this is what it does!” If they ask questions I answer. If they don’t I simply say “this is a coupon if you would like to schedule a time to try the wrap.
This is our flagship product. We also have a line of wellness and skin care too!” and I leave it at that.I totally get the “No Thank you’s” and the “I’d rather not!” But it is the times I get “oooooh I have heard of this….” or “Does it really work?” Or even “what has it done for you…” that keeps me motivated. #ItWorks isn’t going to be for everyone, but how will I know if I don’t ask. Don’t assume. You are making the decision for the person and often the decision is wrong. This is as close to Cold Calling as it gets. You’ve got 10-30 seconds to leave an impression. Lead with the wrap. Smile. Have fun and remember it’s like when you start working out. It doesn’t get easier, but you will get better at it.I have been #Blitzing for a long time now and Im constantly learning new tips and tricks to getting up the courage to hand it out. Ultimately your WHY has to be important enough to get you out their handing our your cards! This business won’t build itself. You have to talk about it. If your mouth is closed so is your business.
- Here are a few other random Blitzing Tips…
- Blitz everywhere you go as you go about your day. You can definitely schedule blitzing time and go out in pairs but I find this is more difficult. I must prefer to incorporate it as I run errands, etc…
Blitzing is definitely face to face, but you can text blitz, Facebook blitz and email blitz too.
- Wear your It’s Works! gear. It’s our brand. It’s professional, sexy and fun. People will ask you what you do and that makes blitzing so much easier.
- I can’t emphasize enough the importance of having fun and smiling. People are drawn to positive happy people.
- Don’t forget to follow up. You can’t follow up if you don’t have names or numbers etc… When I talk with someone with any form of interest I ask for their number and text them a copy of the blitz card. It’s such a great way to start the process of connecting and follow up. If you are brave, friend them on Facebook on the spot. What a great way to get them to learn more about YOU and your ItWorks biz.
- Be sure to share these tips with your team and let me know how this has helped you in your personal blitzing!