How I Built My Business To Black Diamond: Leading Out Loud & Playing Offense
As a former basketball player and coach, there’s a lot of lessons I’ve taken away from sports. Some people say defense wins games, but I believe in playing offense first and foremost. You can’t win if you don’t score, right?!
I also believe that the most powerful position you can play in your business is offense.
The offense sets the pace for the game.
Playing offense in your business means showing up and getting to work and leading out loud, even on the days you don’t feel like it. It means being proactive instead of reactive.
It means going after what you want with focus and determination instead of “hoping” it will happen. It means playing to win, no matter how many challenges are thrown at you.
Remember… the speed of the leader is the speed of the team.
And while people will listen to what you say, they will DO what you do.
That’s why we have to get extremely intentional about casting a vision, leading out loud and setting an example of massive action for your team to follow.
I can honestly say that I got to Black Diamond and beyond because I was LOUD about what I was doing and where I was going with my team every single day.
Do you want to know what the greatest leaders in history all have in common?
They had a group of loyal followers because of the VISION they had for the future. They inspired people by casting a vision of what life could be like.
Mahatma Gandhi inspired people all over the world with his vision to free India from Britain’s rule with peaceful protest.
Martin Luther King Jr. inspired the entire nation with his vision of the future where all people were treated with equal rights and respect, regardless of the color of their skin.
And you, no matter where you’re at in your business right now, can inspire others with the vision you have.
The world is changed one life at a time and it starts with YOU!
But if you want to influence, inspire and impact others – you have to get crystal clear on where you are going first.
- Make a list of 30 things you want to be, 30 things you want to have and 30 things you want to do. Taking the time to think of 30 things for each section will stretch you to get specific and dream bigger than ever before.
- Write down your ideal day in detail. From the time you wake up until the time you go to bed. Where are you? What time are you waking up? Who’s with you? What’s the weather like? How are you feeling? How are you going to spend the day? Get as specific as possible and visualize each detail.
- Create a detailed vision board. Take those 30 things you want to be, have, and do, and turn them into crystal clear images that will remind you and your subconscious of everything you want.
- Design your dream house, vacation or contribution with every detail. What gives you that fire in your belly to FIGHT for your dreams?!
When I started this business, I was crystal clear on the fact that I needed to make an extra $3-4k/month so I could stay home with my babies.
Everywhere I went, every time I slapped that wrap on someone’s tummy, I was telling them where I wanted to go. I wanted to be home with my babies because I couldn’t imagine going to school to raise someone else’s kids while someone else raised mine.
I was going to earn that $3-4k a month and this company was going to be the vehicle that I did it with!
Talk about your vision everywhere you go and the how will take care of itself.
And if you reach your first goal, don’t stop and get stuck like I did! Once I hit the income level I joined for, I didn’t know what I wanted next. I stayed there for a long time until I got my mind right and got refocused on my next goal.
Knowing that next step is so important to keep the momentum going.
It should be so ingrained in your mind that it rolls off your tongue every time you talk about it.
When you’re laser focused to that level, there is no room for the Enemy to creep in with doubt or distractions!
It’s celebrating the small wins…
#BecauseOfItWorks my wrap cash paid for date night!
#BecauseOfItWorks I sold two wraps and filled up my gas tank!
#BecauseOfItWorks I got a weekly bonus that bought diapers for the month!
#BecauseOfItWorks I get to take my kids to a park on a Wednesday afternoon!
It’s sharing your vision everywhere you go…
- Flagship, first-to-market product with immediate results
- A full catalog with cutting-edge, on-trend products
- Family owned business with incredible leadership and field experience
- Right timing, right trend
- Christian values
- Low start-up and overhead costs
- Debt free & stable company
- No inventory or quotas
- One Team One Mission
- So much room to grow internationally
- Not a household name… YET!
- Incredible compensation plan
- Destination location headquarters in Florida
- Unbeatable culture and community
I truly believe that It Works is the perfect storm opportunity and the best network marketing company there is.
But, at the end of the day, people don’t join your company… they join YOU!
And they want to join you when they see you having fun, living life with passion, and excited about where you’re going.
That’s why it’s so important that you cast your vision everywhere you go… so that people can FEEL your excitement and passion about the opportunity you’re offering them.
Bottom line: It Works is all about friendships, fun and FREEDOM – and that’s a vision that we can bless a lot of lives with.
Let’s get to it!!!!