A Simple Strategy To Fit Your Business Into Your Busy Schedule
Most people don’t join this business because they have a lot of free time on their hands; they join because they need more time freedom!
And as a busy mom of three kids, I know from experience that if you don’t tell your time where to go, it’s going to go somewhere!
When it comes to making your plan of action each day, the goal is to make the most impact with the time you have available.
That’s why I’m such a big believer in a 6-list. I’ve been using this simple strategy for years and it has kept me on track to keep my most important tasks at the focus of each day.
My recommendation is this: every night before bed, create a list of the 6 most important activities you’d like to accomplish the following day.
If you’re not sure where to start, I encourage you to choose one activity from each of these six, core categories!
It will ensure that you’re always adding to your network, reaching out to new people, following up with existing leads, connecting with and supporting your team, as well as working on yourself through personal development.
Along with each category, I’ve included a suggested task and different ways to accomplish it. Feel free to print this off & use these ideas as a guide until creating your 6-list becomes second nature!
- Adding to your network
- Building relationships within your network
- Sharing your products and opportunity
- Following up
- Team training/support & customer relations
- Personal development
Ways to do that:
- Blitz & get contact info (online and in person)
- Search for vendor events and trade shows to setup a table at in your local area
- Become a regular at local community events
- Ask for referrals from your warm market, current customers or anyone you talk to about It Works!
- Join Facebook groups to make new friends
- Follow new people on Instagram
- Join a new group through meetup.com
- Re-connect with people from your past
- Start a new activity or sport that connects you to like-minded people
- Pick up the phone and check-in with anyone you haven’t connected with lately
- Make thoughtful comments and engagements on social media
- Send a meaningful message or handwritten card
- Schedule a time to get-together in person
- Ask questions and take the time to get to know someone better
- Invite your prospect to get together one-on-one or invite them to a larger event (coffee meeting, lunch date, wrap party, OTOM, etc… don’t forget to use the It Works! Party pad)
- Go LIVE on Facebook or Instagram and share your story, favorite product or how your lifestyle has changed #BecauseOfItWorks and connect with anyone who shows interest
- Wear your It Works gear while you’re out and about & be ready to share when someone asks (carry blitz cards, greens on the GO and wraps at all times!)
- Schedule a recurring weekly party where local teammates and guests can drop in to wrap, sample products, or simply learn more
- Keep a running list of everyone on your 100s list you’ve reached out to and pick up the phone to follow up with a call or text message
- See who’s online your Facebook Messenger list and send follow up messages to everyone you’ve reached out to in the past who is currently online
- Go through your call history, your text message history and your Facebook/Instagram message history to remind you of anyone you may have missed & follow up! (TIP: store your contacts in the phone with PLC or PDT to organize for follow-up)
- If you can’t call leads personally, use voice messages or video messages to keep it personal and thoughtful
- Schedule a working power hour with your team in-person or online once a week
- Spend 5 minutes checking in with each of your leaders and current customers to see what their goals are and how you can help support them (what’s working, what’s not, where do they need support, etc)
- Keep a running list of all of your customers and check in at least once a month to see how they’re doing with their products ( do they have questions or concerns, how can we maximize benefits of products, introduce new products, etc)
- Send out handwritten thank you cards to your loyal customers (especially during holidays or special promotions)
- Spend 15 minutes doing team recognition! Praise the right behavior and edify the right results happening within your team
- Host a team Zoom once a week to connect with your teammates and strategize about goals!
- Schedule team building activities, dream board nights and other events to further connect
- Read or listen to a personal development book (there are tons of book recommendations on your monthly game plan sheets!)
- Subscribe to some personal development podcasts or videos and listen while you’re driving, cooking, exercising or cleaning up around the house
- Get to events! There are It Works events all over the world every month as well as tons of other conferences/retreats that focus on leadership and personal development
- Spend some time journaling about your goals and dreams and write about them as if they’re already true
I hope this system helps you stay focused,
organized and ready to tackle your goals
like it has for me… I can’t wait to hear
what you think!